Monday, March 4, 2013

MidTerms and Mini-All-Nighters?

As midterms have come, and midterm grades are soon due, students all over Albertus Magnus College are cramming and working hard to ensure they do their very best.  With my 4 online courses and one on-site class, I have found midterm week to be a very different experience than ever before. 
Although I still feel the stresses and pressure every college student encounters during this time, my online courses allow me to choose when and where to do my work.  I find this to be a very liberating experience, which takes a huge weight off my shoulders during such trying times.  Tonight following my baseball practice which ends at 5 PM, I will be pulling what I call a mini-all-nighter.  This work accomplishing strategy is something I have created in order to cope with my very busy 5 course schedule, mixed with blogging duties, athletic department work, and my baseball schedule, which has now become more hectic than ever since the season started this weekend. 
To begin my mini-all-nighter I will be getting a delicious meal from the school's dining hall, which will serve as my fuel keeping me awake throughout the process.  Next, I will make a short trip to Dunkin Donuts on Dixwell Avenue, to get some delicious Caramel coffee, to assist my dinner in keeping me awake.  After my quick trip off campus, I will return to the quiet sactitude of my dorm room in Mccauliffe, where the fun will all begin.  Some of the work I will be completing tonight includes a play review for Introduction to Theatre, work on my very own screenplay for my Screenwriting course, and a short paper discussing technology and the arts, for Technology and the Arts.  I find that the best way to keep working hard throughout a mini-all-nighter is to reward yourself for a job well done, so taking breaks in between assignment completion is vital to making this a successful academic experience. 
The key to making my experience a mini-all-nighter, is the fact that I have a course load that includes 4 online classes and only one on-site course which meets on Wednesday.  This means that no matter how late I stay up tonight to finish my homework, I won't wind up oversleeping a class on Tuesday, because I have no official class meetings!  This work completion strategy has paid dividends for me and will surely show up wonderfully on my midterm grades report, which I hope will be "swimming" in A's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment