Friday, March 22, 2013

Weathering the Weather

I hate to keep making blogs that deal with weather related issues, but when you play an outdoor sport like baseball, weather plays a huge role in your life.  Due to recent snow, rain, hail, ice, sleet, and basically everything else mother nature can throw at us our baseball team has now had games postponed on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, costing our team a total of 4 games this week.  Although I would love to be playing the game I love right now there definitely is one thing this horrid weather and these cancelled games are good for; homework completion!

One of the biggest issues for any student-athlete is finding the time to complete homework, while attempting to be the very best athlete they can be on the field of competition.  This week's bountiful amount of rain and snow outs, has allowed me to schedule out my time effectively and complete all of the homework, assigned to me for the next week.  This luxury of time afforded to me by this terrible weather has been a huge help, and has put me ahead of the game as far as my homework goes.

These postponed games may take away our chance to play on certain days, but they allow us to remember the key fact, that we are STUDENT-athletes and not the other way around.  Classes and schoolwork come first, and with this extra time off, I have found real success in the student portion of being a student-athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment