Friday, November 9, 2012

TWO MORE WEEKS!!!

Photo taken by Leyna Andren '14
 
So as you all know by now, I have a broken arm.  A broken right arm is bad enough on its own, but when your a right handed pitcher, its very rough.  Earlier this week, fall practices started for the Albertus Magnus College baseball team, and I have been left with a half spectator, half assistant coach type role with the team so far.  The itch to play the game that brought me to Albertus has been very prominent while watching practices, but in order to heal properly I must continue playing the waiting game. 
The good news is that in just two short weeks, my arm will be completely healed and ready for action, just in time for the final weeks of fall practices.  So as I continue healing, I continue counting the days till this dreaded cast is off my arm for good, and I can go back to playing the sport I love.  Many athletes that have been injured before, can understand the frustrating process I am going through.  Watching your teammates practice and play while you can not is one of the worst feelings in the world of sports.  Derek Jeter, shortstop for the New York Yankees, referred to the Disabled List, (a list that injured athletes are placed on in sports to show they cannot compete), as "athlete purgatory," a description that describes my situation perfectly.
While watching practices and working with my fellow pitchers on perfecting their craft, I have seen some great promise for the upcoming season.  Our baseball team has returned its entire pitching staff from last season, while adding some new recruits to the mix.  The Falcons' baseball squad has an exciting season in store for all their fans this year, and they may possibly grab themselves a GNAC title!

No comments:

Post a Comment