Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Voice of the Falcons

As many Falcons' fans have learned from attending recent men's and women's basketball games, I have become the new "Voice of the Falcons."  This honor which was bestowed upon me by both Michael Spinner and Kristen DeCarli, has allowed me to liven up home basketball contests, and show off my public address announcing skills to loyal Falcon fans.  So far this season I have managed to receive rave reviews for my "Jackie Moon" style of announcing games, and my ability to excite the crowd during big moments of the game.  I have had a wonderful time working as the in-game public address announcer and cannot wait for each and every Falcon home basketball game this season, so I can get back on the microphone, doing what I love.
In addition to my great performance on the mic, has come an even better performance by the men's and women's basketball teams to open the 2012-2013 campaign.  The men's team has gotten off to an amazing 3-0 start, that includes a huge, home, upset victory over Wesleyan University, who at the time was ranked 23rd in the nation.  The men have taken over the 23rd spot in the nation due to their hot start, as this is the second consecutive season the men are ranked in the top 25 in DIII basketball.
While the men are ranked in the top 25 the women are off to an even hotter start!  With five consecutive victories to open the season, including winning the Blue Angel Tip-Off Tournament, the women are off to their best start in program history. 
With both of our school's basketball programs having a combined 8-0 record to open the season, and my beautiful voice reverberating off the walls, of our home gymnasium, how could you not be at the next Falcon home match.  The Falcons' men's basketball team will take on GNAC foe, Lasell College in their next home game on Saturday, December 1st at 1 PM, with the women playing Bay Path College immediately after at 3 PM.  There is nothing more exciting than Falcon athletics, so be there, and look for me on the microphone!

No comments:

Post a Comment