Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Online Classes


This semester has been like no other so far due to the course selections I made.  As we all know, technology has taken the world by storm, and nowadays it is more taboo to not have a personal computer than the other way around.  All different types of working fields have incorporated technology into their daily practices, school's much like our own are all over social media and the internet, and every individual person has an opportunity to go online and voice their opinion about anything.  Due to this excessive need of competence pertaining to computers I have decided to submerge myself in the technological world in as many ways as possible.  I currently have a Twitter and Facebook account, operate my own blog which you are reading right now, and have taken on many more online endeavors over the years.
My most recent online endeavor has been taking online courses here at Albertus Magnus College.  Leading into this semester I had dabbled in a few online classes here or there and enjoyed the learning experience it provided.  My past success in these courses, led me to take four different online courses this semester.  The courses are all taught 100% online and allow me to decide when and where I want to complete my assignments and learning prior to due dates.  This learning freedom, really allows me to absorb information that I may have never learned under the regular restraints of lecture classes. 
In addition to the freedom allotted to students in an online course is, the ability to fit the courses into any schedule.  This semester is filled with obligations, volunteer work, sports, blog writing, preparing for after graduation and much more, so the flexibility of online courses has really taken a burden off my scheduling issues.  Now I get to choose when to accomplish my work, and if I have a baseball game, I do not have to worry about missing class and having to make up any missed assignments.

The option of taking online courses afforded to students by Albertus Magnus College, has to be one of the best aspects of the learning program here.  I recommend online courses to anyone and everyone who finds that their schedule is just too busy to show up to five courses a week or more.  The one key to being successful in these courses is self-discipline.  If students can keep on top of their studies and accomplish work prior to due dates without being in a classroom, then I believe online courses at Albertus are the perfect choice for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment