Friday, April 26, 2013

And That's All She Wrote

After a lifetime filled with baseball, my career has finally come to a close.  After a 5-3 loss against Lasell College in the Quarterfinals of the GNAC tournament, my college baseball career was officially done.  The realization that it was all over did not hit me, until our whole team came together in right field for what normally results in a postgame speech.  On this occasion my teammates and coaches surrounded myself and our other seniors, giving out hugs and handshakes, as the end was now here. 

I cannot believe that my college baseball career has already finished.  It seems it was just yesterday that I was playing Junior College baseball in New Jersey, being recruited by coach Brian Leighton to come here to Albertus.  Albertus Magnus College and the New Haven community, have turned into a second home for me, and have managed to make me feel welcome from day one.  This school has bestowed me with my nickname, "Sunshine", and has accepted me from the very beginning, even with my gorgeous mustache, and flowing golden hair. 

You just have to love a small college community, like the one here at Albertus Magnus College, because it provides students with a real close-knit community.  It allows students a chance to learn and be more than just a number, and it provides athletes with a chance to be successful on and off the field of play.  So as my career as a college baseball player, and more importantly my time here at Albertus come to a close, I'd just like to thank my teammates and everyone else at Albertus, for making this school the wonderful community that it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment