Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Kid on the Blog

As a first time blogger, I hope to give an interesting view into the life of a student-athlete, intern, out of state student, campus resident, and a senior nearing graduation. Since this is my first blog, I figured I’d start with letting you readers know a little about myself.
My name is Dan Kmiechick, but to most of the student body here at Albertus Magnus College I am known simply as Sunshine. I’d like to think that is because my sunny disposition and boyish good looks that brighten up everyone’s day, but it isn’t. In fact, my name Sunshine derives from Ronny Bass, a long haired quarterback from the movie “Remember the Titans.” The nickname was coined by none other than Brian Leighton head coach of the baseball team my first day here on campus during a baseball meeting, and has stuck ever since.
I am currently interning in the Albertus Athletic Department and have found myself attending every home sporting event Albertus has to offer. This season has already seen loads of success from the Men’s and Women’s Soccer teams, Women’s Volleyball and Tennis, as well as Men and Women’s Cross Country. Albertus may be a small school, but it is accomplishing big things in the field of athletics. I hope to highlight the achievements of Albertus athletics throughout my blog while discussing my newfound role as the “Voice of the Falcons.”
As a college baseball player with long hair and a mustache, I try not to take life too seriously, always seeing the humor in all things. I hope to bring that disposition to this blog crafting something funny, informative, creative, and thought provoking every time. If you enjoy comedy, sports, Albertus Magnus College, long hair, mustaches, or all of the above, than you are truly going to love this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment